Monday, September 20, 2010

7 Days in September

I thought that this was one of the best documentaries that I have ever seen. The entire film was very compelling and heart-wrenching at the same time. Being able to see the raw footage of what New York was like during the attacks, as well as in the days following them, was something I have never been exposed to, and thought was very interesting. After the attacks, New York was a ghost town. It seemed so eerie and dead. I never imagine New York to be like that because of the large population and the reputation that it has of being so "fast-moving". This was so interesting to me because it showed me how the entire city basically shut down and how everyone was fending for themselves. At the end, I really liked how everyone was coming together as a city to help others. In a big city, especially in New York, this is a very rare sight to see. People were bringing supplies for others, giving rides to complete strangers, and offering any help that they could, even if it was for someone that they didn't know. It is this type of behavior that needs to be more contagious and apparent throughout our cities, without the need of a devastating terrorist attack to spark this generous behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment